Friday, July 30, 2010

Wotan's recovery

I went to visit Wotan this afternoon and was so relieved to see that he was better than I had expected! The vet had told me that he was doing well, although a bit dull and very dehydrated, not a surprise after all he'd been through. The good news is that there is no sign of stomach distension or gas. He was happy to see me and gave me kisses and put his head on my shoulder for hugs. He melted when I rubbed his ears and scratched his neck just the way he likes it. I gave him a massage and he fell asleep with his head in my lap.

We are very relieved that he continues to improve. He is still dehydrated and that requires more time in the animal hospital for continuous IV fluids. We are hoping to get him home tomorrow but only if he is hydrated.

Thank you to all our concerned friends who sent healing prayers and thoughts to Wotan!

No comments: