Last year was not all good times and we suffered a devastating loss, losing our beloved Wotan but we cherish the wonderful memories and time we shared with him.
- Marshall, CH Grayhart's In from the Storm, owned by Laura Roehrich, placed 3rd in the WCA Maturity at the WCA Nationals in May. Marshall is now training for his CD and JH.
- Jam, CH Grayhart's Purple Haze, JH, NA,NAJ,NSD,CGC,V, had an extremely busy year in multiple venues, earning titles and qualifying legs. She completed her AKC Championship, with a dual effort by me and Steve Lane, Parker's owner/breeder, who did an awesome job handling Jam to her majors. Jam finished both Novice Agility (NA) and Novice Agility Jumpers with Weaves (JWW) titles, all legs with placements, including many 1st places. These titles gave Jam the necessary requirements to earn her WCA "V", Versatile title. Additionally, Jam also earned her 1st Senior Hunter leg and 1st obedience Companion Dog, (CD) leg. She continued to train in obedience, agility and field work and will do the same in 2011 as well as begin her career as a mother, with breeding plans for mid-end of 2011.
- Jam continued to model and act, doing shoots for a TV pilot, Frontline packaging, Elle magazine, and a Vogue fashion spread,
- Sky, Grayhart Lightfoot Early Morning Rain, JH,TD,RN,NSD,CGC,V, shown & trained exclusively by owner Debby Moody, received a 4th placement in the WCA Southern Maturity, and completed impressive titles, earning her TD, Tracking Dog title and earned her Rally Novice title, all legs with placements, finishing at the WCA National Specialty and earned her WCA "V", Versatile title. She won a major going Best of Opposite and more show points, all owner handled, now having 8 points towards her AKC Championship.She continues to train in agility and is working towards her TDX.
- Monty, Grayhart's Stone Free,JH,CGC, earned his Junior Hunter title, with top scores, all breeder handled and also passed his AKC CGC. He is training for his Senior Hunter and conformation titles. Monty, also entered the world of modeling and did a terrific shoot for Target as well as filmed an IAMS commercial and a photo shoot for their new packaging.
- Mia, Grayhart's American Woman, passed her AKC CGC and is training for the show ring, obedience and agility.
- Ranger, Grayhart's Midnight Lightening, welcomed baby brother Luke into the world and traveled to Germany for a family vacation. He'll be back in Spring to finish his show championship.s owned or bred by us, we are proud of
- Mason, Grayhart's Daily Special, won 2 more 4-pt majors, having a total of 3, including a Specialty Major at the Garden State Weimaraner Club Independent Specialty, going Best of Winners. He also won the Junior Futurity dog class at the WCA Nationals! Mason only needs 3 single points to finish his AKC championship title. We are truly thankful to Pat O'Brien, Zeke's breeder/co-owner, for his friendship and handling of Mason to these awesome wins. Owner Jen continues to train Mason in obedience and agility.
- Jersey, Grayhart's Goin Someplace Special, JH, completed her Junior Hunter title and welcomed baby brother Bryce into the world. Jersey continues to train for her Senior Hunter title.
- Trudy, Grayhart's Special Reserve, who took the first half of the year off to grow up, came back to the show ring at the WCA Nationals with a bang, placing or winning in every class she was shown in, including winning a 12-18 month Specialty class and placing 2nd in her Futurity. Trudy won 5 show points including her first major, handled by Pat O'Brien. She is also training for Rally obedience with her young junior handler.
- Mia-belle, Grayhart's Special Request, RA,CD,NSD, had an extremely busy year, titling in multiple venues. Owner Jessica Scharff & Mia-belle made their Rally Obedience debut in January and never looked back, completing that title with placements at 11 months of age, then went on to complete her Rally Advanced, RA, title with 2-1st places and a 4th placement at 16 months old, then on to her CD, Companion Dog title, all with 1st placements and terrific scores in the 190's! Mia-belle also earned 5 show points, all owner handled, as well as a reserve to a major, handled by Pat O'Brien. She also worked on bird training and qualified for her WCA NSD, Novice Shooting Dog title. Mia-belle will be back in the obedience and show rings in 2011.
- Savi, Grayhart's Shear Genius,JH,CGC, at only 4 months of age,did her first modeling gig for a Swiffer ad, that has been published in many top magazines including O and Self. Young Savi earned her NSD, Novice Shooting Dog title at 8 months of age and completed her JH, Junior Hunter title at 9 1/2 months of age, She also passed her AKC CGC test. In August, Savi won Best Puppy in Match Show at the very large AKC Canine Experience Match Show hosted by the Suffolk County Kennel Club. Savi will be very active in 2011, training for the show ring and making her agility and obedience debuts as well as training for her Senior Hunter title.
- Bravo, Grayhart Crescent's Bravo, had an exciting year in the show ring, earning 9 show points including Best of Breed and Best of Opposite, all from the puppy classes, as well as a reserve to a specialty major. He only needs his majors to finish his AKC show championship.
- Bliss, Grayhart's Launch My Line, made her show debut in Alaska. She will work towards her show championship in 2011.
- Memphis, Grayhart's Million Dollar Listing, made his show debut and will continue to train and work towards his show championship.
- Logan, Grayhart's Watch What Happens, spent much time swimming and excelled in his agility class.
- After whelping a litter of eight pups in January, Trixie got back into competition shape in time to compete at the WCA National Specialty in Agility winning the Open Standard class! She completed her Open Standard title, all with placements at all-breed trials. Trixie also earned her 2nd CDX leg with a 4th placement at the Harrisburg KC show.
- Trixie continued to model and filmed a TV pilot as well as starred in an IAMS commercial and a photo shoot for their new packaging..
It was great fun spending time with the pups and their owners, as well as old and new friends at shows. I especially loved being back in the field, training Jam, Savi and Monty and running them in the hunt tests. We also enjoyed running and chairing the Garden State Weimaraner Club Hunt Test and look forward to doing it again in April.