Thursday, October 18, 2012

Therapy Thursday with Trixie!

After many months of hiatus from making therapy dog visits, we were happy to resume our visits today and Trixie made her first official Pet Partner, formerly Delta, Therapy Dog visit.  We went to the home for developmentally disabled men where I had taken Jam and the staff warmly welcomed us back.  The residents were happy to see us and it was obvious they recognized me but I'm not sure if they realized that I had a new dog with me as Jam is still on maternity leave.  We spent one-on-one time with a special consumer and it was if we had never been away.  He enjoyed feeding Trixie and petting her.  Trixie thought it was grand to get non-stop treats for just being her wonderful self!  As you can see in the photo above, she was happy and her tail is a blur from nonstop wagging!

No comments: