Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pet Partners Video Star Jam!

Jam and I had an exciting day! We were honored and thrilled to be asked to be one of the therapy dog teams to be chosen to be included in the new Pet Partners promotional video!  It all started last summer, when I was down in South Carolina to have Jam bred to Summit, and received a phone call from the VP of Marketing at Pet Partners, calling to find out if I would be interested in participating in their new promotional video.  Apparently, our Pet Partner mentor, Anita, had recommended us based on the noteworthy work Jam and I have done at the YAI group home we visit.  The video was in the planning stages and they were waiting for a grant to be approved which would provide the funding for the project.

Fast forward and two weeks ago we received the call that the grant was approved and the video was going to be shot.  Jam and I were filmed during our visit to the group home for developmentally disabled adult men, especially with one special consumer who has an amazing bond with Jam and me.   The taping also included an interview and we were asked many questions on how we became involved in dog therapy work, our observations on the effects of Jam on the consumers as well as how others can become involved with Pet Partners.  It was a fun and amazing experience, making me reflect on what our visits mean to others as well as how they have effected me.  I am blessed to have this special dog who can make such an incredible difference in peoples lives.

As soon as the video is available, I will share it on the blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool and noteworthy.

June said...

The visits you have and share with all of us have been so moving... it is only fitting that you and Jam be a prominent part of Pet Partners promotional materials! So proud and honored to know both of you and your other superstar therapy dog(s) :-)